Monday 19 July 2010

Fabulous Things About England #12

P.D. James. She's been writing for well over 30 years. I'm seriously addicted to her mysteries largely because I never know who did it until the end. It does always make perfect sense. As a reader, I pick up a lot mysteries and other junk-food books. I read them because they're quick and fun. James's work is that very fine thing--popular literature. I worry very much about reading all the way through her work. Then where will I be when I have a voucher for my local bookshop? I'll have to stand there completely overwhelmed by all the choices I have. It could take days to pick just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't have a google account? That's all right. Select anonymous to leave a note.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...