Tuesday 22 March 2011

I'm Learning to Run: I'm Learning Not to Think

Evolving Revolver did a very brave thing a few years ago. She sold up, moved to France, became fluent in French, had some ups and downs, met a man, made peace with the idea of returning to the States, got the man a visa and moved back to the US.

I've been thinking about her a lot recently. In part because if I don't find a job that pays enough to meet the points-based system requirements before September 8, I'll only have a year left in England. I've been thinking a lot about what that will mean for me, and I've been trying to figure out how to go about thinking about returning to the States. I've been thinking about what other options there might be, and I've been trying to envision how that move, more than year away at least, might look for me.

And I've also been reading over at Happy Homemaker UK. She's reasonably early in her UK experience, but she reminds me regularly why I'm fighting to remain here. I don't know whether or not the UK is a long term plan for her, but I do know the things she's enjoying are the reasons I want to remain here.

It's turning out to be a rather introspective spring around here. I don't think that is bad thing, but I have at least five job applications to finish before Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't have a google account? That's all right. Select anonymous to leave a note.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...